painting/ block hole/ top screws

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: painting/ block hole/ top screws
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 08:57:02 -0800
Ref message:
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Subject: Spray Paint Question

Today, while shopping at Trader Joe's (for those not familiar, a shopping
emporium that leads to sin. I seem to buy champagne and chocolate when ever
I enter) I bought an aerosol pump sprayer. It looks like any aerosol can,
but you fill it with whatever and pump it up with the pump-cap.  I was
wondering if this would work with my touch up paint. Any thoughts?

Hey Victor and list:
As someone has already answered, these spray things will work if you get to
the right consistency (viscosity) so you get the mist you want.
The difficulty with most of these is that the innards are plastic, and won't
survive the initial cleaning, as the solvents strong enough to clean out the
paint are strong enough to melt the plastic. (the reducer may melt it too)

<OT>  I have identical experiences with Trader Joe's.  I even did the "buy
chocolate covered espresso beans, feed them to co-workers like candy, watch
them get edgy" prank one day, un-intentionally I swear!

Paint ideas: I saw a REALLY CHEAP airbrush set at Harbor Freight this
weekend.  If Victor's sprayer melts on him, has anyone else used airbrushes
for touch-up, have any input?

Driving down PCH this weekend, was accosted at 35 mph by a lady saying her
father had sold his roadster years ago, missed it and wanted another, wanted
to know if I wanted to sell mine.  (a resounding NO!  insert huge grin
here!)
Made me think of "Save Pearl" in Ventura, hope somebody snaps that up.

Third topic:
Did Andrew snap a connecting rod, then have the broken rod end contact the
case?  That hole is low, and too small for a rod bearing locking up and
driving the piston sideways, right?

fourth topic:
what thread size for soft-top latch-to-front bow screws?  Not sure if it's
paint on threads or metric vs. SAE jumble, don't want to mank my beautiful
"brand new" front bow.  (thank you Les)

Fergus
HB,CA.  69 2000