Lucas/supercharger cones

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas/supercharger cones
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:27:55 -0800
a few things:
first, the Lucas site.   http://motorrad.cx/lucas.html
Are you guys playing some joke, cause I keep getting a black screen with
nothing on it.  Is this the "Lucas technical support" page?  (aka: a myth)
I figured it was one of those early 90's "blur your vision and you can see
_____" posters at first, which I never got the hang of.

second, superchargers.
I think the 'metal screen to deflect debris' idea would be bad if it was
flat on the front, as you would get a boundary layer of air stagnation
(choked flow).
So, I suggest something concave and porous.  There are several models of
exactly this design in the latest Victoria Secret catalog, (I only read it
for the articles) and they come in both sub-sonic and super-sonic cone
sizes.
Red, SoraBlue, Cream (for Victor), the only difficulty could be Roman's
primer color, as I am not sure if they are available in the pre-restoration
state.
No change needed for LHD vs. RHD models, corrosion not an issue.

Of course, for you Solex-types, you can check out the one of the pages on
the corporate website of the company I work for.
http://www.hitco.com/ITMPAC/Product.asp?id=94    (see upper picture)

Note: I think it may have adverse effects on handling, when approaching that
scale.

thinking outside the box,
Fergus O