Re: The good, the bad, the ugly from Illinois

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The good, the bad, the ugly from Illinois
From: PETER VANDERPAS <giraffehauler@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:25:48 -0800 (PST)
Phil Hall writes:
"I spent 21 hours on the road and 150 bucks in fuel(me
and truck) to get a Roadster that I can't use for my
custom!"

Here in No. California we have a '69 2000 just waiting
for someone to give it a little TLC or at least pull
it apart for parts.  This car has been sitting at GTS
Auto in Mtn. View for about 6 months.  With the rain
comming on any day now, I am afraid this one is going
to become a real mess as it does not have a proper
top.  The body is pretty good, no visible rust.
Interior has been exposed some to the elements and is
not in good shape.  The engine is a 1600 and is
reputed to run on ocasion, but the car may not be
completely road worthy.  Other than that all major
systems seem to be there, even looks like someone did
the brakes within the last couple of years.

Please!  If anyone can use a parts car or even a
possible basis for a restoration -- call Van at
650-968-8896.  GTS is on W Dana St. in Mtn. View, just
a blck from Castro St.

Peter van der Pas
'68 2000

=====