Re: SadROC --->Noroc?

To: VulForge@aol.com
Subject: Re: SadROC --->Noroc?
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:21:36 -0000
Thanks Russell,

Actually, that's our next step.  Lou has suggested that I go back over the
receipts from the PO's, which I have done.  The engine was rebuilt
(including new rings) only about 5 years ago, and has had a pretty easy life
since (PO treated her really well).  Also, Lou mentioned that No. 3 doesn't
have an oil channel running past it, so it's unlikely to be the head gasket.
  So valve stem seals is what we're going to do, and see if that solves it.
(At ~$80 for the job, it beats taking the head off!).

I'll keep you all posted...

Cheers,

Steve
HROC (Hopefull Roadster Owners Club!) 8^)