RE: Black/Gold California Plates

To: gary.ward@scccd.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Black/Gold California Plates
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:41:43 -0500
All,

In Florida, you can apply to put year of tags on your car.  They need not be
originally assigned to the car (some cars have mobile home tags on them as a
result!)  They just require that the tag be in good shape.  The bad news is
that here it IS illegal to have the tag restored.  Some folks do it after
the registration, and most cops don't know or car about it.  There are shops
that specialize in tag restoration (including the reflective paint) and they
advertize in Hemmings Motor News.

Sid