Flywheel lock (was dropping things in the motor)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Daniel E McHatton
Subject: Flywheel lock (was dropping things in the motor)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:12:41 -0800
You can make one in 5 minutes or so.

Cut a flat piece of iron about 1-1/2 by 2 inches from iron strap that has
holes in it. Put it in a vise, and make two bends so it looks like a "U"
shape, with a hole in the base of the "U". Use a dremel tool or a file to
widen the hole into a diagonal slot. Place the bottom of the "U" against
the rear of the engine block over one of the convenient holes, with the two
edges of the legs sitting in between the flywheel teeth. Insert a bolt and
tighten a nut on it. The diagonal slot makes it easy to use this flywheel
lock in different positions around the flywheel.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC