It's HOT! (But it's a DRY heat!) (kind of OT)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: It's HOT! (But it's a DRY heat!) (kind of OT)
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 04:31:42 -0000
G'day all,

Sunday, midday in Melbourne, 37 degrees C (that's 98 F!) and it's VERY hot.
But went to the Historic Rally Association BBQ.  Easy to find the guys -
look for the cars!  Old rally-prepped Peugeot's, Mustangs, a Lotus Cortina
AND a Mk 1 Lotus Escort.  A couple of Datsun 1600's (510's that is - both
with 5 speeds from SR311's!).  A 240Z, a Triumph TR6, and my little baby.
Good time had by all, plenty of food & booze.
Going home, though, and the engine was running pretty warm, but not
alarmingly so (gauge read no more than 200 deg. F) and for the first part of
the drive, she ran sweet.  After a bit, that missing started again, but kind
of on again, off again.  Guess we'll see how it goes.

In the evening, my Brother in law came down from Brissy, and I showed him
the car for the first time.  Inevitable question : "how quick?"
So I show him, and then this idiot pulls out in front of us.  Hard on the
anchors, and she pulls up quickly, without fuss.  "Stops well, too", I say
casually.  "Yeah, sure does!" says Brother-in-Law, "sure does."

Cheers,

Steve,
(SR311-01113 Solex with sticky tyres!)