Re: ALL DATSUN + MotorWeek?

To: <Dat2000srl@aol.com>, "Roadster List"
Subject: Re: ALL DATSUN + MotorWeek?
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:50:00 -0600
>Does anyone on the list know anyone at motorweek? Maybe if there is an all
>datsun meet we could get some national TV coverage. I know that Pat Goss of
>MotorWeek is an SCCA racer, I do not know what he races, but surely someone
>on the list has heard of him and may be able to contact him for the event.
>Also along the same lines, They feature a 'car of the week' on the program,
>usually and old Mustang of Vette, Wouldn't it be funny if they got 300 Pics
>of Datsuns from across the country as entries for car of the week? Lets look
>into this route also. They do road tests on new Nissan cars provided either
>by the factory of dealerships, I am sure this would generate some attention.

I've corresponded with Dave Scrivner, one of the producers and I sent
them a copy of my Shasta '98 tape hoping they'd want to cover it, but
never even got a nibble. However they did cover Miata Madness, but it was
in their area. Craig Shighaus is a long time racer and they occasionally
cover non local/east coast events. Please understand that I'm not saying
that it's a waste to try, I don't think it is. Just wanted to let you
know that they should at least be aware of the considerable, and
hopefully growing, interest. There are import oriented programs showing
up on Speedvision now, too. We need to keep them in the loop.

Les and Dennis talked about an open national gathering at Shasta '98.
Most of us felt that Colorado Springs was a good, relatively central
location for such a meet. There's a fairly new road course and plenty of
things for non-car nut family members to do. Another big plus is the
weather being livable during the summer. Realistically that's the best
time of year to hold a (hopefully) big meet like this.

Springs is admittedly not in the exact middle of the lower 48, but I
think it offers the best combination of car oriented activities, non car
activities and the best weather during the time of year when it's too hot
in other places with good combination of auto and family sites and
activities.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)