Re: electrical questions

To: Pam & Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: electrical questions
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:54:44 -0800 (PST)
--- Pam & Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net> wrote:
> And before you ask,  this isn't about how to put Christmas lights on
> roadster.
>
> Hmmmm...
>
> No, not this year.
>
> However, I do have a couple questions. Someone has to pick up the
> torch now
> that Roman has solved his roadster riddle :)
>
> My tail light lamp sockets are of two types. One is a rubber push-on
> boot
> and the other a plastic bayonet-lock type. Which goes in the top lens
> assembly? I ask this only after putting the assemblies back on the
> car in
> hope that I did it right!
>
> My other question involves the backup light switch on the tranny. I
> tossed
> the wire that goes to the switch because it was hopelessly gunked up
> with
> oil and dirt (and yes, unlike my steering tube, I actually DID throw
> this
> away!). I really don't want to crawl under to look at the switch
> terminals
> tonight just so I can make up a new wire. Does this harness have one
> or two
> wires? Am I right in thinking that it is spade connector on the
> tranny side
> and bullet connector topside?

Paul,
The plastic socket goes on the bottom. it is the brake and normal ,
(when your lights are on)unit. the top is the rubber socket. it's only
use is for the turn signal

The tranny reverse switch is a spade connection on the bottom and a
bullet connection on top, and yes it is a two wire setup. what order
they are connected does not matter.

Roman

=====
ristguitars@yahoo.com