Re: That doesn't look good.

To: "Amy & Erik" <apotter@mn.rr.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: That doesn't look good.
From: STAN CHERNOFF <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 07:24:08 -0800
Erik,

The condition of a U-20 engine is not really easily determined with a
finger.  Don't put a finger between the chain and the guide when the engine
is running or else you won't be able to point with it again.  The hole at
the rear is probably the oil return passage.

The oil around the cam should not be white and milky.  Grey could be old
residue from lead or something else.  If you find water or coolant in the
oil then it could be a bad head gasket or a crack somewhere or just
condensation.

Happy new year and keep your fingers in safe places,
Stan