Re: Adhesive info.

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Adhesive info.
From: "Thomas J." <tomph@ispchannel.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:28:21 -0500
Hi Phil,

I'll send this out to the list also for those interested.

>Hey Tom - Would you use this Vs welding in patch panels - floor board,
lower
>fenders and such.  Where can I find it?

Yep. That's what it's for. However, it's not a "V" weld. You should flange
(about 1/2") one of the panels, smear the Fusor on and clamp them together.
You would also use it in place of the spot welds on the pinch seams like
under the rocker panels as an example.

Takes either 5 or 45 minutes to set (depends on which product you use - I
like the 45 minute one since it gives me plenty of time to position parts
and clamps). Added benifit is that it also acts as a seam sealer. It leaves
a sticky residue that has to be cleaned off but once that's done it can be
sanded, primed and painted as usual. Goes for about $20 for the twin tubes.
Your supposed to use a special gun to squeeze it out (another extra cost)
and mix it (in a special use one time tip that goes for about $2 per tip)
but I have gotten real good metering out the proper amounts of each and
mixing them with a bondo spreader.

You should be able to get it at an auto paint supply houses that deal with
professionals and autobody shops. Have not seen it anywhere else, but then I
have not really tried to hunt it down anywhere else. They also make a
product for plastic bumper repairs. Neat stuff.

Tom P