project glovebox

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: project glovebox
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 22:31:11 -0800
While collecting autographs on my glovebox door, it occured to me that I had
no glovebox to put a door on! I tried one of the available replacement kits,
but it just did not work out the way I expected. I already had a used box
generously on loan from CDM that I used as an assembly model for the kit,
and since it was too rainy to play outside, I reduced myself to the roadster
equivalent of cutting out paper dolls. I began making patterns for a
home-built replacement. Tonight I tried my third mockup and it actually fit!

Well, mostly fit.

Needs a little fine tuning. These boxes are twisty, angular thingies! I'm on
the right track, though. Am looking at different fasteners to hold it all
together. Something that doesn't require a new--and expensive--tool to
attach them. Not that I'm against buying new tools, mind you, it's just that
I'm messing with cardboard here and would like to keep the R&D budget under
control. Any suggestions to keep Project Glovebox on track would be--as
always--greatly appreciated.

Paul Bauman
Area 52
Westminster, CA