Re: Solvang Pics?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Andrew Murphy"
Subject: Re: Solvang Pics?
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 10:33:23 -0700
On 4/30/2001 "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Just wondering if anyone has posted any Solvang pics yet.

Maybe I'll get some posted tonight. I figured you SoCal guys would have
posted by now, at least one pic of Joe Roach's blownout tire. That was a
beaut, seeing that tire on display. Phyllis Almazan of the Modesto club
asked me how soon I'd post pics, and I mentioned it would take up to a
week. Probably will start with some of Joe Roach's beautiful 1500, Edgar
Gonzalez' and Don Buckles' 1960 SPL212 roadster, Les and his Z, and then
follow up later with all the other cars. Identified most except for a few.

Joe Roach did a wonderful job hosting the Solvang event. Always good to see
the cars, but even better seeing all the wonderful people there. At the BBQ
Joe asked for a show of hands from the different club members on hand.
Looked like the Modesto club had the most, along with the Fresno and SoCal
groups. BADROC only had a few entries this year - but hopefully we'll be
back in force next year! Steve Allen and I caravaned down to Solvang after
some last minute cancellations from other BADROC'ers. Steve's stroker is an
awesome performer, now I see why others want to do stroker conversions.
I'll let Joe post the winning entries, but have to boast that Todd Osborn
is a winner with his beautiful red '68 2000. Congrats Todd & Eve!

Fred - So.SF
'66 2L "Loosie"