Re: starter solenoid click

To: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>,
Subject: Re: starter solenoid click
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 18:49:17 -0700
Take the selenoid apart.  You will see the Copper washer that the contact
touches.  It will be all burned on that side.  Turn the copper or Brass
washer over, and you have a new, clean, contact surface to burn when you try
to fire it up.  The reason for the burn:  I think it is grinding the starter
to death.  If my car does not start in three turns, I stop for a few seconds
and try again.  But my cars are always in tune to start quickly.  Pat