Re: Ooh, Fresno!

To: <goldenmaia@onebox.com>
Subject: Re: Ooh, Fresno!
From: Ldino21@aol.com
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 17:03:50 EDT
Fresno Datsun Roadsters presents:               JUNE 1 & 2, 2001

1st Annual Yosemite Valley Run

Come join fellow Roadster owners for fun and excitement in the Yosemite Valley
this Summer! Lawmakers are trying to prohibit vehicles in the future from
being able to drive into Yosemite so lets do it before they stop us.

Friday June 1st, 2001

2:00 Noon  6:00 p.m. Arrive in Mariposa, CA. Our meeting place for the event.
Mariposa is a beautiful old town.
As early as 1881, visitors from around the world entered Yosemite from the
south near Mariposa, gleefully riding a stagecoach into a tunnel bored through
the trunk of a massive sequoia.

6:30  8:00p.m. Dinner at the Miners Restaurant, located right on the corner
of Highway 140 and Highway 49.
Get together with fellow roadster owners talking over good food and drinks.
Nothin like a beer while talking about the differences between SUs and
Solexes.

Saturday June 2nd, 2001

7:30  9:00a.m.  Wake UP!! Take in the Fresh Air, eat some breakfast, throw
down some coffee, and get the Roadster ready to Roll. It will be important to
gas up before we leave because there are no gas stations inside Yosemite.

9:00 a.m. Leave for the Yosemite Valley. This is about a 40 mile drive from
Mariposa, depending on the traffic it usually takes about 1 hour and 15
minutes to get there. Take in beautiful scenery through the pines with the top
down. Once we reach the Valley floor you will be able to see breathtaking
views of waterfalls, glaciers, & peaks. Well have about 3 hours here in the
Valley to sight see or take in lunch or go on a tour.

1:00 -2:00 p.m. Drive to Wawona. About another 40 mile drive There are very
likely to be deer standing about, very tame. Take all the pictures you want,
but do NOT feed them. The rangers will bust you, and it's just not a good idea
anyway.  After Wawona we will continue on to The Mariposa Grove of Giant
Sequoias is just down the road. Drive through, stop, take pictures of
everybody standing in front of the enormous trees, and go "Wow!" Finally,
well drive About 45 minutes from Wawona and arrive at the Glacier Point road.
We are going to Glacier Point, and this will be one of the high points of the
trip.  About 30 minutes from the turn-off and you will arrive at Glacier Point
You will spend about an hour or two here! It WILL take your breath away! You
will be able to see the entire Yosemite Valley from a bird's eye view!! It is
awe inspiring, and you will take MANY pictures and videos.

We are on our own after this, you can head back to the Valley, or back Home!!
Or for any folks who want to stick around for Sunday we can set up a run along
the Tioga Pass to the Tuolomne Meadows.

To R.S.V.P  Contact Lou Smaldino at (559) 434-3554 home, (559) 433-3060
office, Ldino21@aol.com  (email)

Things to bring: $20 entrance fee to Yosemite National Park, your roadster,
any spending money for food, gifts, etc.