test drive

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: test drive
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 15:07:14 -0700
Took the beast out for a test drive today after replacing the driver's side
wheel studs and lugnuts. Funny how having a wheel come off makes you
overly-sensitive. Every little squeak and rattle was a 'should I stop and
check the wheel?' noise. It got a little better coming home, but I'm sure to
be a bit gun-shy for awhile.

The good news is everything worked well. Gonna try and re-chase the threads
on the old studs, as no parts outlet seems to have anything remotely like
them and even my local Nissan parts desk had a part number, but could not
tell me if he could get them.

Oh well, as long as these last another 30 years, I'll be happy.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://www.PictureTrail.com/bauman311