The early efforts

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The early efforts
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 18:41:16 -0700
Hello All,

Since Solvang is over I finally decided to get serious about working on my
67 2000. I spent about four hours working on the car and got a lot of help
from Roman Rist. I am still in the "take it apart" stage, and today was the
day I took the windshield assembly off.

I knew about the two hidden nuts under the dash and after removing the seats
to make it easier to get underneath I had at it. Well, I learned two things:
On my car the nuts are size 7/16 and more importantly, they are located
right in line with the windhshield wiper hardware and it is a pain to get a
socket to seat with it in the way.  I prevailed and the the windshield is
off the car.

When I was taking the gauges out of the dash, I had an easy time getting the
speedo and the tach out that are held in by wingnuts and and clips, but the
oil/temp gauge and the and fuel gauge seem to be screwed in and I can't see
how to get them out without first removing the dash.

Oh well, next time,

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500
1967 2000 Solex