boosting oil pressure question

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: boosting oil pressure question
From: "cfcoker@netmail.home.com" <cfcoker@femail.sdc1.sfba.home.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 12:21:06 -0400
Howdy all,

I'm planning on dropping the oil pan on the race car before the next race
weekend.  When I get the pan off, I want to shim the oil pump pressure relief
valve to boost my oil pressure a little (5-10 psi).

For those of you who have used this trick before, are there any rules of thumb
for how much to shim the relief valve spring to get a given change in oil
pressure?  I know there are lot's of variables, but a shim thickness that would
get me close would be very helpful.

By the way, last weekend was the first official race weekend for the race car.
I'm the slowest in the pack, but I'm now getting very consistent lap times on
my 9 year old slicks.  I finished all three races, and won the second race when
the only other competitor in GP dropped out with a slipping clutch.  It will be
many races before I'm really competitive, but the car is running pretty good.
I just need a little more power, new tires, and a lot of seat time.

Regards,
Chris Coker
Royal Oak, MI

http://www.mail2web.com/ .