RE: anti drain tube

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: anti drain tube
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 21:31:04 -0700
If it was just floating around inside the filter, then it probably wasn't doing
any good. It should be a good tight fit into the filter mount. Keeping the
filter full of oil reduces the time on startup that it takes to get oil pressure
up in the engine. This is particularly helpful in the 2000 with it's overhead
cam and upper timing chain. Not as critical in the 1600 but a good idea anyway.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA