Alternator Update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator Update
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 06:39:24 -0700
So I decide to begin the alternator removal process last night.  Right off
the bat, as I try to clear the area so I can unplug the wire harness, I
notice that the single wire (tan I believe) that connects to a post on the
upper corner is no longer connected.  I assume this is a bad thing?  Is
this my ground or is this possibly the feed to the amp gauge?  I assume
this could be the cause of my non-functioning alternator.  I would simply
hook the thing back up, but the post it attaches to also seems to be
extremely loose within the body of the alternator.  Looks like I'm going
to have to pull the thing anyway in order to see what the heck is going on
since that area is too $%%^&%# crammed for hand or visual access.  Any
words of wisdon from the group?

69 SRL
NOWROC
Troutdale, OR