No so Evil L

Subject: No so Evil L
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 17:30:58 -0400
I said that Id put up some pictures of the evil L modification that I did on
my 2000.
The pictures are at http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/
In the first picture youll see the L after having been cut off the chain
guide with a
cut off wheel.  Notice that 2 sheet metal tangs have been welded to it.
The second picture shows the L temporarily attached to the chain guide for
cam gear
removal.  The two tangs fit over the guide holding the L to the guide in order
to support
the chain and gear.
The final picture show the guide with the L removed  as it is when the engine
is all
together.  Note that the upper chain guide bolt which Gordon pointed out is
important is
still used and also that the opposite side of the guide has an indexing point
on it.  The
L was not cut off in one straight line but rather was cut straight most of the
way across
and then cut vertically near the edge to allow it to line up easily and to help
keep it in
place when it is supporting the weight of the chain and cam gear.
Hope that helps someone,
Brian