Re: Dead batt..brake lights.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dead batt..brake lights.
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:07:33 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/01 2:56:54 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
robbpynes@continet.com writes:

> I had a similer problem.
> Seams like when I pulled into the garage and put on the brake the rear
> lamps stayed lit.
>
> There was a problem with the brake lite switch.
>
> I never replaced it, just remember to jiggle the brake pedal when I get
> out

I just had this happen to me the other day..... dead batt at work, got a jump
and drove it home. Figured it was the brake lights and sure enough they were
on. Got up under the dash, wiggled the switch, out of the car to check - OFF.
Ok, shut door... ON. Back under dash, wiggle switch - check lights, OFF. SHut
door, ON. And so on... several times before it STAYED off. Of course, all of
this was going on while a couple of rice-boys & their honda were parked
across the street watching/snickering. Very "3-stooge-ish"  LOL it's a good
thing I;ve owned british cars in the past and know how to deal w/ those sorts
of looks.....

The switch has already been ripped apart & cleaned several times- I guess
it's down to the NAPA store for me to match up something when I get some time
off.

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311