Re: New Badroc page

To: dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Badroc page
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 22:14:46
Adding to the site is accessed controlled.

You must first create a log-in to be able to add content to the site.
Currently the site is configured to only allow members to add content. As of
today....membership requires the BADROC webmasters one-time approval to add
content.

The system doesn't allow members wholesale access to the site. Members can
currently add to the "user areas" BADROC registry, photos, event calender,
message boards and tips.

In addition, on a daily basis, a report is generated to the webmaster(s) on
all new updates/content added to the site.

Now, if "web-garbage" starts to find its way onto the site. Several steps
can be taken:

Including:

1) Preventing the offending user from making further updates (ie banning).

2) Removing access from all members to make automatic updates. (ie, only
webmaster(s) can make updates).

I'm hoping this BADROC site will have the same fortune as our email roadster
list. We rarely have inappropriate ads/adult material on the list.

ALSO :) I'm looking for another BADROCr to also be a webmster. No technical
or html skills are needed. In addition, no local tools or software programs
are needed. If you are interested, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan Zubkoff
San MAteo, CA