Re: head gasket

To: Christhman@aol.com
Subject: Re: head gasket
From: Pamela Pepoy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 18:29:26 -0700
Chris,
I just installed a head gasket that looks just like yours.  My problem was
interesting given that
I have copper wire rings  imbedded into the top of the block (they encircle
each cylinder bore.
They are about 1/8" from the edge of the bore, and are raised approximately
.032" above the flat
surface of the block).  These copper "O" rings did not match the head gasket
perfectly.  I lined
everything up the best I could and installed the sucker per Tom's tech tips.
Someone please let
me know if I fouled it up.
Many thanks,
Guy