Modified Thermo Elbow

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Modified Thermo Elbow
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:24:22 -0400
Because I'm installing a 2L rad I wanted to get rid of that, IMHO, ugly
thermo housing set up on my stroker. I bought a 240 thermo elbow and
modified it to fit an aluminum 1600 head. You have to drill out the holes to
fit the 10mm bolts. I also used SS hex drive bolts as I couldn't find JIS SS
bolts and the normal bolts have heads that are too big (17mm). Those bolts
do add a nice touch

I do believe that you 2L owners can use it also as I think you have 8mm
studs and a normal nut should easily fit (13mm). Get rid of that ugly
plugged elbow unless you live in CA where they require emissions equipment -
still :(

Cost is about $8 :)

BTW, the angle is slightly different but very close.

Mike