Re: Upper A-arm bolt

To: Daniel Beatty <nowroc@pacifier.com>,
Subject: Re: Upper A-arm bolt
From: shifty <shifty@best.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:40:10 -0700
Are you talking about the upper a-arm spindle? What look like bolts on the
upper a-arm are actually threaded metal bushings. They thread into the a-arm
and then over the threaded ends of the upper a-arm spindle. The machine shop
I took mine to said it was just like the suspension on older Chevrolets. The
bushings are a real bear to get out and in - the machine shop did the work
for me after I almost ripped my vice off my workbench trying to get them in
with a really long cheater bar!

Anyway, there should not be any play.

Leigh Brooks
BADROC