Re: oil pump installation

To: Fergus OFarrell <FOFarrell@qtww.com>
Subject: Re: oil pump installation
From: Pamela Pepoy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:45:16 -0700
Amen brother,
I have used motor oil and the white assembly lube in a very liberal manner.
The sucker still doesn't spin the way I think it should (too much pressure
required to turn the shaft in the block). I am going to remove the pump and
reduce the diameter of the shaft until it fits and spins like the 1600 pump I
removed.  No big deal the oil pan is still off.  Will also install studs and
mount it right.  Any thoughts/ advice are, as always, appreciated.
Guy