Getting by with a little help from my friends

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Getting by with a little help from my friends
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 19:19:50 -0700
Hey List,

Really starting to make serious progress on taking my 67 2000 apart for its
restoration. The interior is out and today I tackled getting the dash,
heater core and dash wiring harness out. Sounds simple...

Yeah right.

The heater core had given up the ghost long before I had ever owned the car
and the mechanisms were crusty, rusty, and dusty. Plus the blower mount is
right behind the fresh air vent. The vent is held in place by four screws
that have been painted over and will take an act of congress to loosen.

With Roman Rist's help, I managed to get the hoses off of the heater core
and and get the unit removed. My left arm has some battle scars from the
procedure.

The wiring harnesss was tough too as the PO had done some creative
additions/modifications to the stock harness.

Also found the time to remove the engine harness, alternator and  did some
investigation of some rust areas in my rear fenders.

So it was a good day and I got a lot done. I am on target to have the body
off the car by Summer. SRL311-00489 is coming along nicely.

Thanks for the help Roman.

It's nice to have friends who like to work on the cars.

Andrew Murphy
64 1500
67 2000 Solex
SoCalROC