Re: smog removal x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "L Jordan" <ay107@lafn.org>,
Subject: Re: smog removal x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 00:20:37 -0400
Linda,

I'd replace the whole thing but take it apart and clean everything and make
sure the springs and weights are OK. Lube evrything up too and make sure the
weights move freely. I'd also replace the vacuum advance plate as they go
bad quickly and become very notchy.

The heavy spring goes on the long notch on the cam.

Make sure there is no play in the distributor bushings by trying to wiggle
the distributor shaft from side to side. If there is any play it's NG then
try the one in your car.

Mike