RE: Pertronix Debate

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pertronix Debate
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:22:49 -0700
True statement about high tension sparks from aftermarket ignitions. I just put
a Crane HI-6 ignition and MSD Blaster II coil on my car. Dan Garrison was
pulling off plug wires to check a balance condition (he was using pliers) and
the spark was climbing a good 1 1/2" out of the distributor cap tower to grab
the plug wire! And it was a very solid blue-white spark, not the usual puny
little yellow-white arc. The sound was a very loud snap, not a tick. Scared the
hell out of me!

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA