Slick 50

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Slick 50
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:33:19 -0500
I put Slick 50 in the gray ghost as it's first oil after being rebuilt.  It
has smoked from day one, and there's nothing I can do about it.  It runs
really well, but "clears it's throat" every time I accelerate from idle.  I
also put an electric fuel pump on it, and overwhelmed the floats on the
Hitachis, so I got a combination of blue and black smoke out of the
tailpipes.  I went to a lower PSI electric pump and I keep oil in the sump
to replace the oil pulled past the rings.  I was thinking that if I replaced
the oil with something of higher viscosity, like 200 weight gear oil, the
gray ghost wouldn't smoke as much.  Maybe chassis grease mixed in with
deisel fuel would do the trick.

Andy and I are going with the TDROC group to Colorado at the end of July.
We'll trailer the gray ghost to Denver so we can have tools and tires for
the autocross there on the 28th, then meet the TDROC on the 29th for a drive
up Mt. Evans with those WyCROC members who can join us.  We hope to camp out
rather than stay in motels, but we'll prepare for whatever comes our way.
We have to be home a day or two early, so we'll head back to Denver for the
trailer and Suburban on the 2nd or 3rd of August.  I heard there's a
fantastic mexican food place in Denver with a cliff diver and a dancing
gorilla.  The food is supposed to be good, also.  Let me know if you've been
there.

Leisure Suit Terry