Re: OT - Olympics in China?

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT - Olympics in China?
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 09:10:51 -0400
Paul wrote: "I know they kill babies in China born over the quota."

While China has an abysmal human rights record, especially when it comes to
the politically "unwanted," they don't kill babies born over the quota.  In
fact, the one-child policy doesn't apply to most farm families. That is
partially why the population in China is still growing after 30+ years of
the "one-child policy."  The biggest cause of killed babies is couples who
desperately want a boy, so female infanticide--conducted by the parents
themselves--is the biggest cause of post-birth infant death in China,
although the government is desperately trying to change this so that all
the men in China will have someone to marry.

China is a major area of research for our institute.

Sorry about your job
Alex

  So, can any one explain to me why they are handed such a reward for these