<OT> Ignition Switch Help Needed

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: <OT> Ignition Switch Help Needed
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:14:24 -0700
My Neighbor asked me to help. His Alfa Milano Ignition lock/switch would not
turn. It would a little but not enough for any action. So I pulled it out.
It's a Ymos set made in Germany, looks expensive. I boasted that I would
find one on the web, but, no matter what search I did, I could not find a
Vendor for ignition locks. What gives? Is there some secret vendor, only
known to locksmiths? I thought I'd be able to disassemble the switch to
diagnose the fault, but it was Chinese Arithmetic to me as to how to take
the mechanism apart.

I did a nifty job at rigging a hot wire setup for him so he could get to
work and back.

Any leads on where to find such parts? Autoparts.com was a bust and so was
the specialty Alfa sites.