The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:59:41 -0600
The Good:
I ran in my first ever SCCA RGR autox, and took the ES win.
(OK, I was the only ES entry)

The Bad:
The best time was 1:02 (a formula car), alot of people were
running 1:10 - 1:15, my best was 1:35.

The Ugly:
The track was 30 miles west of Albuquerque, and I overheated on the
way home.  Luckily my pit crew (my wife) was following me home,
so we towed it the last 5 miles.  I haven't looked into what happened,
but I'm wondering if one of the heli coils I installed on my rocker arm
studs gave way?

What damage could've I caused by overheating?  Do I need to worry about
the head gasket?  Like I said I haven't looked yet, just looking for tips
on what damage I may have caused.

P.S. - I was planning on meeting up with The Run to the Rockies group, but
       looks like it was cancelled, guess that works OK for me now.

P.P.S. - There was a nice 70 2000 at the Autox, pretty fast.  I'm going to
         send him some info on joining our list.

Later - Robert - 67.5 1600 - Abq (Smiling and Crying)