Re: Need new tires - what can I use?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need new tires - what can I use?
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:20:04 EDT
In a message dated 7/27/01 10:30:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com writes:

<< For what it's worth, I have always had... >>

I am running with the Yokohama AO32R's, 195/60x14.  These tires stick like
stink on... well you know.  I have used them on the track as well as for
street use.  Definitely overkill for the street but they look totally cool.
And yes, my 67.5 SRL Solex will break them loose.  But they are very sticky
but alittle pricey.

I dont recommend them for the road.  There are tamer choices out there such
as the AVS series.  Another thing to note is that these tires are very very
noisy.  When I am on the freeway it sounds as if I have truck tires on.  In
the beginning I didnt know what that was.  Well, it was the AO32R's.  But
they do stick good.

Calspeed