Re: More eBay Shenanigans

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: More eBay Shenanigans
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 18:43:30 -0700 (PDT)
I suppose that getting 20 bids before you actually reach your minimum
selling price might show potential bidders that there is interest in
your car, rather than it sitting with no bids until the end.

It's all psychology.  I say just ask what you want for the car.  I sold
mine on classifieds2000 but if I had to do it again I'm sure I'd go on
eBay just to get some crazy bidding war (I wish).  Then you have to
deal with sellers who misrepresent and buyers who don't understand a
30+ year old "non restored" car probably has some problems.

--- Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us wrote:
> This is a dumb question, but why the need for reserve auctions?
>
> Let's say you want a minimum of $3000, then why not just start the
> auction
> at a starting price of $3000 and go from there? Why all this B.S. of
> starting at some ridiculously low price and force the bidders into
> bidding
> repeatedly to search for the reserve price? I don't understand it, so
> I try
> to stay away from reserve auctions.
>
> Fred - So.SF

=====