OT: shipping a transmission

Subject: OT: shipping a transmission
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 09:49:44 -0400
Anyone ever had to ship a transmission?  I just sold a Borg Warner T5 on
Ebay and the guy is in Kentucky - I said in my listing that I prefer to sell
to someone who could pick it up, but the that didn't deter the buyer.
So.... I need to figure out how to ship the thing!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593985483&;
r=0&t=0

I'm thinking the best way would be to slide a heavy cardboard tube over the
input shaft / nose bushing, then tape.  Pull the shifter and lay it along
the tranny, and tape a plastic bag over the output end /
shifter hole, then wrap that end with cardboard.  Then wrap the tranny body
/ shifter in corrugated cardboard.

Any thoughts?
TIA
Mark