Beginning restoration

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Beginning restoration
From: "Edgar Gonzalez" <spl212@home.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 19:12:33 -0700
Hi List,

I made the firts move towards restoring my 69 1600 by registering it in
California.  The car was a "one owner" being registered in Washington State
all its life.  I think the car came into the country through a port in
Washington State.  I figured registering it first would force me to start.
It's going to be a very slow restoration.

I should have had a Vehicle Identification Number verification form
completed by a Peace Officer before attempting to register it the first time
(along with the bill of sale and Washington title).  It would have saved me
a second trip and a light discussion (argument) with the second DMV clerk.
There are two forms for VIN verification.  One that is filled out by ANY
Peace Officer and the other (in triplicate) which must be filled out by the
California Highway Patrol.  The first clerk gave me the form to be filled
out by ANY Peace Officer which I promptly complied with and returned to the
Department of Motor Vehicles.  The second clerk grabbed the triplicate form
and tried to hand it to me.  I would not take it since I was not about to
return a third time.  The clerk finally saw the "light", accepted the form I
brought, and gave me my license plates and registration.  I am proud to
announce the first characters on my license plates are:   4SPD  (For
Speed?).  I just love it when things work out.  All and all I am extremely
happy to have my car registered.

Edgar
http://www.spl212.com
69 1600