FW: Air Conditioning?

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Air Conditioning?
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 18:34:46 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Pam & Paul Bauman [mailto:plhbauman@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 6:29 PM
To: Matt Silvey
Subject: RE: Air Conditioning?

I thought the California legislature passed a law against hot weather in
Sacramento...they've passed laws against just about everything else in this
state!

It seems to me that an R16 roadster would need a lot more than AC to cool it
down. The car leaks like a pasta strainer and the insulation is none too
good, either. I've got my heater permanently bypassed and the heat from the
tranny tunnel keeps us nice and toasty, thank you! I agree with Mike that
the cooling system would be pushed pretty hard unless mass quantities of
mods were done in that area, too.

Wait a minute! I'm getting an idea. What if you took all that harmful slack
in a 2 liter cam chain and wrapped it around an AC pulley... :)

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://www.PictureTrail.com/bauman311

Anyone out there ever install A/C into a roadster?  If so, what was it out
of?  Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Now that I am using my Roadster as a daily driver, this Sacramento summer
weather (105 degrees today) and the black vinyl interior is cooking me to
death.

Matt Silvey
'70 1600
http://www.rcip.com/matt12/datsun.htm