Re: 2-liter Solexes and serial numbers (and plates) and such

To: Richard_Tillinger@dresser-rand.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2-liter Solexes and serial numbers (and plates) and such
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 20:44:48 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/01 12:01:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Richard_Tillinger@Dresser-Rand.com writes:

> Also, the original equipment Solexes on 67.5 U.S. cars look (and are)
> different from the very much more common later model Solexes: the early ones

Hello,

I also learned something at the last Shasta event.  I was told that the
original SOlex cars had a different oil filter housing.  Underneath the oil
filter unit there is something that is different.  Although I cant remember
what it was.  Does anyone else on the list know about this difference?

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex