Re: 2000 SU Air Cleaners

To: Fred Schroeder <roadster@texoma.net>,
Subject: Re: 2000 SU Air Cleaners
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:41:31 -0500
>Fred Schroeder

> Anyone happen to know the part number for a K&N filter assembly and
> velocity stack for the 44 m/m SU's?

I bought mine (for 38mm SUs) from APT (800-278-3278), but I think Longacre
(800-423-3110) and maybe TWM (805-967 9478) might have them, too. They all
have websites.

APT (www.aptfast.com) offers different style filters in several heights so
you can allow plenty of clearance above the mouth of a velocity stack. Most
of the info I've seen says to keep an open area in front of the stack equal
to the size of the bore of the carb. I'd guess on a 44 this is around 38 to
40, so you'd want almost 1 3/4 inch clearance past the end of the stack.

TWM sells the ITG filters that use foam around the perimeter and on the top,
too, so you don't have to worry about clearances as much. Personally I like
the cloth K&N elements.

HTH, Ron

ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)