Re: Clutch and pressure plate

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch and pressure plate
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:22:53 -0500
Yes, and No. It is a direct bolt on.

The disk are the same. The 2000 pressure plate has a higher clamping
force than the 1600 item.  If you are very easy on your clutch, and
driving style, then the 1600 will last for years.  If you are heavy
footed, autox, or otherwise into full throttle runs... that 1600
pressure plate -with the lighter loading force- will not last too
long.

880 pound loading for the 1600 item.
1430 pound loading for the 2000 item.

Clutch changing is a major PITA for a roadster. I'd recommend staying
with the 2000 unit.  If you have knee problems, and are easier on
driving, then the 1600 might work fine for you.

Lockheed made up some hydraulic/vacuum boosters. They were remote
mounted, allowing for the stock brake master & clutch master to be
used, but would boost the hydraulic pressure. We retrofitted an Alfa
for a friend who had Parkinson's Disease, so he could still enjoy
driving his car.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX