Re: Manifold to exh -pipe fit/tranny mount

To: "snyler" <marc@animalfirm.com>, "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>,
Subject: Re: Manifold to exh -pipe fit/tranny mount
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:23:18 -0400
Sounds like it RIP, rusted in place, and after all these years it's probably
as good as being welded. The original front pipe had a balloon type of
thingy that would make a good seal to the header (like a bubble flare on
brake lines). It's almost a press fit when  the 3 bolts are tightened.

Doesn't sound unusual to me. A few good whacks may help or some high heat
from an oxy-acteylene torch.

Good luck.

Mike