Re: float bowl overflow Q (PROGRESS!)

To: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Subject: Re: float bowl overflow Q (PROGRESS!)
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:47:35 -0600
Thanks all for the pointers. Victor nailed it:

"Laury, Victor" wrote:
> Dan, swap float bowl tops with someone and see if the problem changes.

No muddobbers (say, is that how it's spelled?), so swapped lid assembly
(thanks to Mike Koken) with a top that had stock needles. Dialed fuel
regulator (back to) 5 psi, and ... Ta da!!
Runs like a top! No overflow, no bumps on acceleration, even idle is a
little smoother!
Kewl!

  I don't know much about troubleshooting floats and [Gros]jets (other
than visible cracks or holes in floats, or Grosjet ball cracked and/or
wedged), so am thinking I'll see if Scott/ZTherapy will take 'em back and
give 'em an inspection (in case anyone's wondering, I've been VERY happy
with his carbs and his servicing the sale).

Thanks all!
Dan Neff    '69 2000
Colorado Springs, CO
www.wycroc.org