The List and Mark J. Bradakis

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: The List and Mark J. Bradakis
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:02:21 -0700
I going to repost this from Tom Walter, originally posted in 1995, because
it answers the questions "Who is MJB?" and "Where do a send my check?". I
think it's a cool posting because it has some history in it. Just replace
the "160" (list members) with "360" and "5 years ago" with "11 years ago"
and it will be completely up to date. I would add that Mark's
http://www.Team.Net/ currently runs 84 automotive mailing lists. You should
explore his web page to get an idea of how much service he provides to "Car
Nuts" worldwide

Tom's Post
-----------------------

Send checks or money orders, payable to Fat Chance Garage, to the following
address:

  Fat Chance Garage
  PO Box 58333
  Salt Lake City, UT 84158

Yep. Known in real life as Mark Bradikis, aka the roadster mailing
list sysadmin! No it is NOT me!

Funny thing about Mark is he doesn't even own a Datsun! So why does
he put up with all 160+ of us on the list? Well I think because he
was too nice in letting us "orphaned sports car owners" exchange
some ideas. Yep,  Bill Wessel talked him into spending his time in
setting up a list for roadster owners. Five years ago  it seemed
like an easy task, as there were less than 10 of us sending
a few notes per week!

For a newsletter, it takes numerous hours, time, effort and money.
Worse fear is printing the WRONG information, only to discover my
brain slipped a cog and I forget to put a "NOT" in the middle of
a line, as in "Do NOT press the brake pedal when you have the
drums off".  With the mailing list, at least someone usually sends
me a note to let me know the paint fumes have gotten to me and what
messed up. Best part about the list is I can post a CORRECTION
before you head into the garage ... saving both of us some grief
in the process.

My typical fee, for helping getting a roadster back on the road,
is one six pack of beer. Of course I had to develop a taste for
good $7 microbew six packs. I figure Mark is the one who really
has made that possible, but might be difficult to ship him 40
cases of beer... but maybe something that travels a little easier.

Yep, just like PBS, figure this the annual pledge drive. Just
mail it to him with a note "roadster list pledge".

Getting late, hopefully my modem will be back up in the morning. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom "no I am not the list sysadmin" Walter
Austin, Texas.