YEE HAA - back on - Roadster update

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: YEE HAA - back on - Roadster update
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:23:25 -0500
I could receive emails, but could not send to the list because of an email
address change.  Nice to be back on.

Custom - Doing church work in the shop so the custom work has slowed.  I lay
at night trying to sleep with custom Roadsters dancing in my head......

SEROC at Road Atlanta!!   You see, for me to go to RA I need to come up with
money.  So, I started mowing lawns - anything for 20 bucks!  Well, last
weekend my wife was asked to clean a friends house for 100 bucks.  On
Saturday I baby set Malori while my wife went to clean for 4 hours or so.  I
get a call from Rhonda "so Phil I was thinking that I would give you the 100
bucks so you can go to RA".  WHAAATTTT!!!  I was speechless!!   You see,
Rhonda doesn't mind me working on the Roadsters as long as the money does
not come out of the check book.  She HATES me to take the Roadster on SEROC
events because of my safety, Saturday is family day, and it costs money.
What can I say ROAD ATLANTA HERE I COME!!!!  Thank you Rhonda!!  And, it is
looking like we are going to have a great turnout.  Many Florida and NC
guys!  See you guys Sept 15th!

A couple of weeks ago a very good friend from Idaho came and spent the week
with me.  He is the owner of Idaho Z (Kim Blough).  He is the one that
introduced me to the Roadster when I was 14.  Bought one at 15 and worked
for him for free to learn about sports cars.  He as only 21 at the time, but
incredibly smart about mechanics.  He has moved on to Z cars, but his
Roadster is his first love. Boy, does he know Roadsters!  Like you all, we
fiddle with our Roadsters to get them running right - well, in an hour he
has rebuilt my distributor (plus two others), returned my SU's, and timed
it.  It runs great now!    Had a wonderful visit and he may start back on
Roadster stuff.  Hey, his best MPG on his '66 2L Solex is 41 - no bull!  If
you know Kim he does not have the ability to lie.  Kim and Crowler set down
and designed a cam for the Solex motor that is more radical than the Solex
cams - and has a good idle.  More on this later.

I have been very busy at work.  You think with Space Station up we would get
a break.  I tend to get myself involved in too many projects - just like
home.  But hey, if I can get a patent or two, more Roadster money:-)

My wife got rear ended in her Diamante and it was in the shop for 4 weeks.
We kept the rental car money and I drove the Roadster almost everyday.  That
was great!  (driving the Roadster, not the accident)  It is amazing how much
better it runs/drives/stops when it gets used.  I was driving to Home Depot
the other day and a black Volvo next to me started hooking.  It was my old
college buddy I have not seen in years.  Through traffic his wife saw my
Roadster and said it must be Phil because the car "fits".  They have never
seen my Roadster, but his wife made him dodge around traffic so she could
find out for sure.   You know "when it fits, it fits".  We all must have
something common about us - maybe it is just that Roadster smile:-)

Well, back at it

Have a great day Roadstering all!!

Phil
SEROC to RA in SEPT - YEEE  HAAAA!!!!!