Re: Let us help Mike

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: Re: Let us help Mike
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:04:42 -0400
I guess it's a sign of the times as there are several guys on the list who
are in the same situation. I was too as was Sid.

For me it was a blessing in disguise as I got a much better job with a large
raise (It's still not great money for the NYC area but every $ helps).

I've been laid off several times in my life and each job was better than the
last. Finally I went back to school and changed my career. I was in
photographic special effects before and everytime it got slow it seemed I
got canned or the place went out of business (every company I worked for is
out of business).

All I can say is I wish all of you luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for
you. Try not to become a part of the problem and keep your spirits up. I
took some time off to get my act together and did a great paint job on my
house. The feeling of accomplishment dimmed my predicament and kept my
spirits up.

Times are tough but they will get better and I know all of you are talented
individuals with great personalities and great taste :)

Good luck,
Mike