Body Paint Color

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Body Paint Color
From: "Dziuba, Larry" <LarryD@pengrowth.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:46:27 -0600
I recently pulled some car photos shown by list members.  These were taken
at some west coast events.  I lost the guys names.  I have been planning to
paint by car a dark (Navy) blue and these guys have real nice examples.  One
was actually a very dark purple but looked blue in the photo.  I need to
know what type of paint was used i.e. basic oil based  - solid color with a
clear coat or metal flake included or pearl (powder sparkle) included.  I
understand the pearl effect is the most expensive of the three.

I am leaning towards a simple solid color that will eventually "fade
gracefully".  I plan to view a bunch of paint chips tomorrow morning.  If
you see this, please respond.  Thanks in advance.  Larry.