Re: BRE Air dam Installation

To: "'roadster'" <roadster@rcn.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: BRE Air dam Installation
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:46:55 -0700
Victor,

I felt silly too, for waiting 4 months before installing it. Much easier
than anticipated! I had some concern about the narrow lip on the
sheetmetal, because I thought one small bump and the airdam would be torn
away. But not to worry, because I've hit a couple parking lot concrete
curbs and the airdam rode the couple inches up and over them without
damage.

Yes, stupid me! It's easy to forget that it's on the car, if you drive
several cars that don't have them. A 3rd time: At Steve Allen's 1st 311
roadster meet where we were lined up parallel in the parking lot, all the
guys took off straight away and I did too. But I was the only one with a
concrete block in front. Whoops! Steve is probably still laughing. Damn
tough airdam, but I think I'll be more careful in the future.

Fred "katman" - So.SF
http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/airdam1.html
 (the picture can scroll left and right)