RE: Fiesty Morning & Keeping the facts straight

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fiesty Morning & Keeping the facts straight
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:43:12 -0700
"...A Rotary Powered GLC managed...Driver and Navigator..."

Hmmm, sounds like ol' Hendrik Blok and his crazy rally car to me. He ran the
exhaust through the firewall and under the navigator's seat to protect it from
crash damage, but didn't insulate it very well because insulation weighed too
much! In the middle of one stage the navigator's seat caught fire.

Matter of fact, I now remember seeing that explosion. It was at the start of a
stage on the Olympus Rallye out of the ORV Park. He was still in 1st gear where
everyone else was shifting to 3rd. We heard a bang, saw a flash of flames from
under the car, then both doors flew open and Hendrik and his navigator dove out
of the car while it was still moving.

Hendrik was a real character.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA